All American Girls Professional Baseball League
1. Study hard to achieve the best you can in your school work.
2. Read, read, read. As they say “Read to Achieve.”
3. Find an interest in art, theater, or sports, or music.
4. Listen to the advice of your parents, and teachers.
5. E kind and considerate of your classmates.
6. Dream high as to what you want to do during your life time.
I’m sorry it has taken me so long to respond to you. I have been very busy taking care of an older brother who is on daily dialysis.
I’m not quite sure what I can contribute to your fifth graders. My rules to live by include, do the best that you can; listen and obey your coaches, teachers, bosses; be honest and trust worthy (these will take one a long way in any circumstance); treat others the way you’d like to be treated. Have fun, but not at the expense of others. Work hard, have a goal and go for it.
Back in the 40’s girls didn’t have the opportunities they have today – but we did have dreams and we tried hard to make them come true. Keep hanging in there – good things happen when you work for them.
Racine Bells 1945
One person can make a difference and I believe all 450 girls that played in the A.A.G.P.B.L. wanted to make a difference in they’er life so they took the gift that God gave them, worked hard and made they’re dream come true – anyone can do that if they follow they’er dream in what ever field they choose but above all stay in school and get a good education first!
Good luck to you all!
P.S. I’m sending you an autographed baseball card – my stats are on the back –